This is a one day course targeted at people who are designated as assessors of display screen equipment.
It will give them the knowledge and training to enable them to identify the hazards and risks involved with the use of display screen equipment and the associated peripherals.
The course will be conducted in two distinct phases:
Phase one in the morning, being dedicated to the theory elements.
Phase two in the afternoon being a practical display screen equipment risk assessment and group discussion.
The course will contain the following elements:
- Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992.
- Responsibilities under the Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992.
- What is a workstation?
- Hazards of display screen equipment.
- Causes of injuries and remedies.
- Assessment of workstations.