Construction Industry Training Board – Site Management Safety Training Scheme
Site management training is an essential component of safety on construction sites; the SMSTS course will help managers to organise, monitor and measure health and safety performance on site, whilst maintaining site safety training, systems and safe methods of work.
This CITB course includes the following elements:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act and other regulations relevant to the management of site safety within the Construction Industry
- Site set up, CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations), risk assessments and method statements
- Scaffolding, working at height, electricity, excavations, demolitions, and confined spaces
- Accidents and the associated legislative requirements (RIDDOR)
- The need for site management training, control measures and adequate communication to maintain a good health and safety culture within the workplace
Full attendance is essential and candidates will be continually assessed during the course and will be required to complete assignments. There is a multiple choice assessment at the end of the course.