The 2 day course is specifically designed to assist non-electrical employees to prepare them for carrying out minor electrical tasks.
It also helps companies comply with the requirements of current electrical legislation regarding the use of such people for minor electrical tasks.
After completing the course, delegates should be able to:
- Recognise safe working practices with regard to electricity in the workplace.
- Work within the requirements of current electrical legislation.
- Understand the fundamental principles of electrical strategy.
- Perform specific electrical tasks at basic level.
- Perform safe isolation of electrical circuits.
- Enhance the workplace skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The course is primarily aimed at mechanical/instrument trade persons that are preparing themselves for work upon electrical systems.
Basic numerical and literacy skills are required. TOPICS COVERED:
- Health and Safety Legislation relating to electricity in the workplace.
- Basic electrical principles.
- Safe isolation of electrical units- Testing for dead.
- Safe working practices.
- Electrical test equipment.
- Connecting and disconnecting 3ph and 1ph electric motors.
- Electrical control circuits.
Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded a Bill Rogerson Safety Services Ltd Certificate